Networks of data centers and web services are the key building blocks for future computing. There are seveal factors which contribute to challenges in scaling data center architectures:
- Explosive growth of data with no locality of any kind;
- Legal requirement to backup data in geographically-separated locations;
- Emergence of mobile and Cloud Computing;
- Massive interactive web applications.
SEDCL conducts research in the following areas:
- RAMCloud: main-memory based persistent storage with extremely low latency RPC
- Data center architectures: hardware and system software techniques for faster, cheaper, and greener data centers
Click here to download an overview presentation of SEDCL.